The Gulf Side Motel is located in the heart of Cedar Key at the end of Highway 24. Our property sits right on the Gulf of Mexico and has a breathtaking view of the beautiful water that this area is famous for. You can watch the beautiful sunsets on our private pier or while relaxing on a swing in our barbecue area. Once you arrive, you may never have to use your car again as we are within walking distance of the whole island. We also have golf carts and bicycles for rent by the hour or the day.
Our onsite, guest parking is convenient; you can park right at your door! We can also accommodate small boat trailers and you can anchor your boat to our dock for convenience. If you are interested in trying some of the wonderful fishing our area is known world over for, you can rent poles and tackle directly from us or bring your own. Our property provides charcoal grills in the pavilion area, and a fish cleaning station on our pier.
We also have canoe and kayak rentals that are a wonderful way to explore the islands. If you would like a guided fishing trip, or just a relaxing sunset boat ride, please let us know and we can make arrangements for you.
Pets & Pet Policies
The Gulf Side Motel happily welcomes all of your family members, even the furry and four-legged kind! We want to safely and easily accommodate your pets and make your stay as enjoyable as possible and we have set up the following guidelines in order to ensure a safe, wonderful time can be had by each of our guests:
- Adult cats and dogs only and a 20lbs weight limit applies for all dogs.
- A fee of $10/night will be charged in addition to room charge for all pets.
- A credit card is required upon check-in and will be used to pay for any damages your pet(s) may have caused. A staff member will inspect your room for damages at check-out.
- No more than 2 pets per room.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets and disposing waste in the proper containers.
- Please report any accidents that occur in your room immediately so that a staff member can clean it right away.
- Dogs cannot be left alone in rooms and cats must be crated, if you leave the premises.
- No pets on the beds.
- If your pets are noisy and disturbing other guests, you may be asked to leave.
Pet check list
- Pet Food and treats
- Food & water bowls
- Towels (for those pets that enjoy the beach!)
- Vet records (just in case)